Travel With Care
Empowering Travelers to Make a Difference
In 2022, Visit Idaho launched Travel With Care—an ongoing program and campaign focused on promoting the respectful use and care of the great Idaho outdoors among residents and travelers throughout the state. The ongoing initiative provides guidelines for ways we can all preserve the beauty and kindness that Idaho is known for.
Care for Idaho Principles
- Leave the land better than you found it.
- Practice fire safety. Make sure your fire is completely extinguished before leaving.
- Learn about the wildlife living in the area(s) you plan to visit and how to interact safely and responsibly.
- If you pack it in, pack it out. Leave room in your vehicle to haul your trash.
Care for Yourself Principles
- Stay hydrated by packing a reusable water bottle.
- Know your limits. Research the area you will be adventuring to understand the terrain.
- Be sure to let someone know where you will be adventuring.
- Have a plan B ready in case your original itinerary doesn’t work out.
Care for Others Principles
- Support local businesses whenever possible by buying food, gear, gas, etc. in the communities you visit.
- Be courteous to others.
- Be welcoming and respectful to those with whom you may be sharing recreational spaces.
- Be patient with service industry personnel when visiting local businesses.