2021 Post Falls Holiday Weekend Getaway Sweepstakes
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE THE CHANCES OF WINNING.
KIRO-7 POST FALLS: A CUP OF COZY, VISIT POST FALLS
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR TO WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. ALL FEDERAL, STATE, LOCAL AND MUNICIPAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS APPLY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
2. Eligibility. Subject to the additional restrictions below, the KIRO-7 Post Falls: A Cup of Cozy, Visit Post Falls Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is open to residents of the State of Washington who are at least 18 years of age at the time of entry.
Employees of KIRO-TV, Inc. (“Sponsor”), Aptivada LLC, Terrier Media Buyer, Inc., and each of their respective affiliated companies, subsidiaries, and advertising and promotional agencies, and the family members of, and any persons domiciled with, any such employees, are not eligible to enter or to win. The term “family members” includes spouses, parents, grandparents, siblings, children, grandchildren and in-laws, regardless of where they live. Persons belonging to or affiliated with a professional acting, theater, or film-making organization, such as SAG or AFTRA, are not allowed to compete in the Sweepstakes or participate in any entry. Professional actors and filmmakers, whether full-time or part-time, are allowed to compete so long as they do not belong to any professional organizations connected with the entertainment industry that would cause Sponsor to pay the entrant or any other person a fee or any other benefit for taking part in any Sweepstakes event.
3. How to Enter. The Sweepstakes will begin at 12:01 a.m. Pacific Standard Time (“PST”) on November 19, 2021 and end at 11:59 p.m. PST on December 31, 2021 (the “Sweepstakes Period”). Sponsor will be the official timekeeper for the Sweepstakes.
To enter, visit the KIRO-7 website contest page (https://www.kiro7.com/contests/) during the Sweepstakes Period, locate the Sweepstakes Link, and complete an Official Entry Form by providing all of the required information and submitting it during the Sweepstakes Period.
You can obtain additional entries (“Bonus Entries”) for the Sweepstakes by completing an optional survey immediately following your completion of the Official Entry Form (the “Post-Entry Survey”). The KIRO-7 website contest page (https://www.kiro7.com/contests/) will present the Post-Entry Survey to you upon completion of the Official Entry Form on your web browser. The Post-Entry Survey will contain three (3) survey questions and for each survey question you answer, you will receive five (5) Bonus Entries, up to a maximum total of fifteen (15) Bonus Entries. You can choose to answer only one (1) survey question to receive five (5) Bonus Entries, two (2) survey questions to receive ten (10) Bonus Entries, or all three (3) survey questions to receive fifteen (15) Bonus Entries. You are not required to complete the Post-Entry Survey to enter the Sweepstakes.
Limit: There is no limit on the number of times a participant can enter the Sweepstakes. There is no limit on the number of times a participant can complete the Post-Entry Survey to receive Bonus Entries.
The use of multiple identities and/or accounts is prohibited, and any attempt to obtain more than the stated number of entries will void that participant’s entries and may result in participant’s disqualification. Incomplete, forged, altered, automated, mechanically reproduced, lost, late, misdirected, garbled or illegible entries will be disqualified. Sponsor will not be responsible for failure to receive entries or picks due to transmission failures or technical failures of any kind, including, without limitation, malfunctioning of any network, hardware or software, whether originating with sender, Sponsor, or Sponsor’s Sweepstakes application service provider. In the event of a dispute, all online entries will be deemed to have been submitted by the owner of the ISP account from which they were sent, provided that such person satisfies all other Sweepstakes eligibility requirements. For these purposes, an ISP account holder shall mean the natural person assigned to such ISP account by the Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning ISP addresses for the domain associated with such ISP account.
All entries and picks become property of Sponsor and none will be returned. Any questions regarding the picks, the number of entries submitted, or the owner of an ISP account shall be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, and Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entries by persons who submit false or misleading entry information or who Sponsor determines to be tampering with or abusing any aspect of the Sweepstakes.
4. Winner Selection. On or about January 3, 2022, Sponsor will select one (1) potential grand prize winner in a random drawing from among all eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period (“Winner”). Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. All decisions of the Sponsor are final. All results are unofficial until verified by the Sponsor.
5. Prize Description.
One (1) Grand Prize Winner: Subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules, the Winner will receive one (1) vacation package for four (4) persons, which shall consist of the following:
- $300 gift card to Red Lion Templin’s on the River;
- $300 gift card to Best Western Plus Coeur d’Alene Inn;
- $300 gift card to Springhill Suite by Marriott Coeur d’Alene;
- $100 gift card to Sawmille Grille;
- $100 gift card to Republic Kitchen + Taphouse;
- $100 gift card to Up North Distillery;
- Four (4) Adult Passes to Silverwood Theme Park;
- Four (4) Indoor Extreme Passes with Raptor Reef at Triple Play Family Fun Center; and
- Four (4) Season Passes to Findlay Stadium at Stateline Speedway
Approximate retail value (“ARV”) of the Grand Prize: $2,100.
NO TRAVEL WILL BE AWARDED AS PART OF ANY PRIZE.
Gift cards subject to terms and conditions of gift card issuer.
Restrictions and black-out dates may apply. Two (2) week advance reservation booking required. All elements of the prize package must be used, redeemed, or fulfilled at the same time, and no changes will be permitted. If winner is unable to fulfill any portion of the prize during the time period specified, winner forfeits the entire prize package. Unless the winner is the parent/legal guardian of minor guests, guests of winner must be at least 18 years of age or older. Prizes are non-transferable and have no cash value. Credit card may be required upon check-in. Prize consists only of the elements expressly set forth above; no other elements or expenses (including, without limitation, insurance, meals, unspecified ground transportation, phone calls, gratuities, incidentals, souvenirs, etc.) are included in the Prize.
The vacation awarded as part of the Grand Prize must be taken before May 31, 2022. Vacation and vacation components cannot be rescheduled to dates not within the fulfillment period set forth above. Departure dates and accommodations are subject to availability. The winner must be one (1) of the four (4) people who attend the vacation and the other three (3) will be of the winner’s choosing, subject to the terms of these Official Rules.
In connection with any visit, please be advised that location policies (including, without limitation, proof of vaccination or negative COVID test(s)), CDC guidelines, and the recommendations of health officials must be followed. In addition, guests should be aware of and comply with government guidelines regarding travel restrictions and mandatory quarantines before visiting any destination. Certain offerings may be modified or unavailable, limited in capacity and subject to limited availability or closure, and offerings are not guaranteed. Please note that any location where people are present provides an inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19, and locations cannot guarantee that any person will not be exposed during a visit.
No refund or compensation will be paid in the event of the cancellation or delay of any portion of the ticket prize (“Event”), or any portion thereof. Sponsor will not be liable if the Event, or any portion of it, is cancelled or delayed. Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, attempt to reschedule for a future trip/event. Event tickets are subject to certain terms and conditions as specified by issuer. The terms and conditions of the Event tickets may govern if the Event is cancelled due to weather, an act of God, an act of terrorism, civil disturbance or any other reason. Sponsor is not responsible for, and will not replace, lost, mutilated, or stolen Event tickets, vouchers, wristbands, or certificates. Exact details shall be determined in the sole discretion of Sponsor.
The ARV of all prizes is subject to price fluctuations in the consumer marketplace based on, among other things, any gap in time between the date the ARV is estimated for purposes of these Official Rules and the date the prize is awarded or redeemed. Winners will not receive difference between the actual retail value at the beginning of the Sweepstakes and the actual retail value at the time of prize delivery.
Limit: One (1) prize per person and per household.
6. Winner Notification and Acceptance.
The potential winner will be notified on or about January 4, 2022 at the phone number or email address that the participant entered into his or her registration form. Entry into the Sweepstakes shall be deemed consent to record any telephone conversation between a potential winner and Sponsor in the event Sponsor notifies the winner by telephone.
In order to claim a prize, potential winner must respond to Sponsor’s notification within one (1) business day of notice or attempted notice.
To claim his/her prize, the potential winner must personally visit Sponsor’s offices at 2807 Third Ave., Seattle, WA 98121 within seven (7) business days after notification (office visits must be between the hours of 9:00 a.m. PST and 5:00 p.m. PST, weekdays) and must present a valid government-issued photo ID.
Potential winner may be required to complete an affidavit of eligibility, and a liability and publicity release (except where prohibited by law), which must be notarized and returned within seven (7) business days of notification.
Sponsor’s inability to reach a potential winner after a reasonable (as solely determined by Sponsor) effort has been made, the failure of a potential winner to timely respond to a prize notification, the return of any prize notification as undeliverable, and/or a potential winner’s failure to comply with any term or condition of these Official Rules may, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, result in the potential winner’s disqualification and the selection of a substitute winner by awarding the prize to the next highest score from among all remaining eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period.
A PARTICIPANT IS NOT A WINNER OF ANY PRIZE UNLESS AND UNTIL SPONSOR HAS COMPLETED ITS VERIFICATION OF PARTICIPANT’S ELIGIBILITY.
A winner may waive the right to receive a prize. Prizes are non-assignable and nontransferable and cannot be redeemed for cash. No substitutions allowed by winner. Prizes and individual components of prize packages are subject to availability. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prizes or components of prize packages with a prize or component of equal or greater value. Winner is solely responsible for reporting and payment of any taxes on a prize. Winner may be required to provide his/her valid Social Security Number to Sponsor for tax purposes and/or complete an IRS W-9 form in order to claim a prize. Winners are solely responsible for all federal, state and local taxes on prize value and, as applicable, will be issued an IRS Form 1099 based on the prize value determined by Sponsor. Prizes not won and claimed by eligible winners in accordance with these Official Rules will not be awarded and will remain the property of Sponsor.
Any winning participant must be the same person who originally sent the entry through the official registration page to participate in a Sweepstakes. No family members, friends, office associates, or any other person will be allowed to participate in a Sweepstakes on another person’s behalf. A participant must provide his or her own name as listed on his or her valid Washington driver’s license or Washington state-issued ID (or other proof of Washington residency, such as a copy of a utility bill), subject to the Sweepstakes eligibility requirements. If a participant uses a false name on any ID submitted as proof of identification, he or she will be immediately disqualified from the Sweepstakes and be ineligible to win any prize.
Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entries by persons who submit false or misleading entry information or who Sponsor determines to be tampering with or abusing any aspect of the Sweepstakes. In the event of a dispute, an entry will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the account from which the entry was sent. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to a email address or other identifier automatically associated with the entry by a service provider that is responsible for assigning the same. The use of multiple identities and/or accounts is prohibited, and any attempt to obtain more than the stated number of entries will void that participant’s entries and may result in participant’s disqualification.
The use of multiple identities and/or accounts is prohibited, and any attempt to obtain more than the stated number of entries will void that participant’s entries and may result in participant’s disqualification. Incomplete, forged, altered, automated, mechanically reproduced, lost, late, misdirected, garbled, or illegible entries, or entries that do not meet the size or formatting requirements specified above, will be disqualified.
7. Publicity. Except where prohibited, acceptance of any prize constitutes the winner’s irrevocable consent to the publication or other use by Sponsor and its licensees of his or her name, biographical information and likeness in any media, including the Internet, for any commercial, publicity or promotional purpose, without limitation, review or approval, or additional compensation.
8. Participation. By participating, participants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor and any Sweepstakes judges or administrators selected by Sponsor, which are final and binding in all respects. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify persons found tampering with or otherwise abusing any aspect of this Sweepstakes as solely determined by Sponsor. In the event the Sweepstakes is compromised by a virus, non-authorized human intervention, tampering or other causes beyond the reasonable control of Sponsor which corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness or proper operation of the Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to suspend, modify or terminate the Sweepstakes. Should the Sweepstakes be terminated prior to the stated expiration date, Sponsor reserves the right to award prizes based on the entries received before the termination date. Proof of sending or submission of an entry or a pick will not be deemed proof of receipt by Sponsor.
9. Release. BY PARTICIPATING IN THE SWEEPSTAKES, EACH PARTICIPANT AGREES TO FULLY RELEASE, FOREVER DISCHARGE AND HOLD HARMLESS SPONSOR, APTIVADA LLC, TERRIER MEDIA BUYER, INC., AND THEIR RESPECTIVE SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, SUPPLIERS, DISTRIBUTORS, ADVERTISING/PROMOTION AGENCIES, AND PRIZE SUPPLIERS AND EACH SUCH COMPANY’S OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, REPRESENTATIVES, AND SUCCESSORS AND ASSIGNS (COLLECTIVELY, THE “RELEASED PARTIES”) FROM AND AGAINST ANY CLAIMS, COSTS, LIABILITIES, LOSSES, INJURIES, AND DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF THE SWEEPSTAKES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY CLAIMS FOR PERSONAL INJURY, DEATH, OR DAMAGE TO OR LOSS OF PROPERTY, LOSS OF ENJOYMENT, OR ANY OTHER HARM WHATSOEVER ARISING OUT OF: (1) PARTICIPATION IN THE SWEEPSTAKES; (2) THE QUALITY, RECEIPT, POSSESSION, USE, OR MISUSE OF ANY PRIZE; OR (3) ANY TRAVEL OR ACTIVITY THAT IS RELATED TO THE SWEEPSTAKES OR ANY PRIZE.
10. Limitations of Liability. By PARTICIPATING IN the SWEEPSTAKES, PARTICIPANTs acknowledge and agree that EVERYTHING REGARDING THIS SWEEPSTAKES, INCLUDING THE WEB SITE AND THE prize(S), ARE provided “as is” and that Sponsor makes no representations or warranties OF ANY KIND, express or implied, about the Prize(S) and sponsor hereby DISCLAIMS all such warranties, including, but not limited to, any implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. (BECAUSE SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF CERTAIN IMPLIED WARRANTIES, THE ABOVE LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. IN SUCH STATES, THE LIABILITY OF THE RELEASED PARTIES IS LIMITED TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY SUCH STATE LAW.)
The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by PARTICIPANTs, printing OR PRODUCTION errors, or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or EMPLOYED in the SWEEPSTAKES; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the SWEEPSTAKES; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Sweepstakes, the processing of entries, or the notification of any winner; or (5) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from A PARTICIPANT’S participation in the SWEEPSTAKES or receipt or use or misuse of any prize.
PARTICIPANTS AGREE THAT ANY CAUSE OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF, RELATING TO, OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH ANY OF RELEASED PARTIES OR ANY PART OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MUST COMMENCE WITHIN ONE (1) YEAR AFTER THE CAUSE OF ACTION ACCRUES; OTHERWISE, SUCH CAUSE OF ACTION SHALL BE PERMANENTLY BARRED.
Only the number of prizes stated in these Official Rules is available to be won in the Sweepstakes. In the event that production, technical, seeding, programming, or any other reasons cause more than the stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed, Sponsor reserves the right to award the prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate eligible prize claims.
11. Construction. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any such provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable, these Official Rules shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or unenforceable provision was not contained therein.
12. Sponsor. The KIRO-7 Post Falls: A Cup of Cozy, Visit Post Falls Sweepstakes is sponsored by KIRO TV, Inc. The decisions of Sponsor regarding the point scoring, selection of winners, and all other aspects of the Sweepstakes shall be final and binding in all respects. Sponsor will not be responsible for typographical, printing or other inadvertent errors in these Official Rules or in other materials or announcements relating to the Sweepstakes. For a list of winners (available after January 11, 2022) or a copy of these Official Rules, visit www.kiro7.com or send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to KIRO7, 2807 Third Ave., Seattle, WA 98121, Attn: KIRO-7 Post Falls: A Cup of Cozy, Visit Post Falls Sweepstakes Winners List. Requests must be received by February 28, 2022. If you have any questions regarding this Sweepstakes, please contact Michelle Cody at [email protected].